The central place for all goings on within Segway Social is the map.
As a general site visitor, you’re able to jump right on in there and see everything that’s going on within the owner community. As an owner, you’re able to create and join groups, and add glides/places.
If you don’t log in and click on the map tab, Segway Social prompts you to either view the world map or to search your area. If you click on the world map button, the map will randomly show you 10 glide indicators (as shown with a red dot). Want to know where places or groups are? Click on the different color indicators in the lower left. To get more detail on any, click on the dot and it’ll zoom right on in. To view more, click on “show 10 more” button in the upper-left.
If you want to see what’s going on in your neck of the woods, go right ahead and enter a city and state or country name into the search field and click “search”.
Once logged in as a user, you can add/edit glides, places, groups.
Here’s how to add a glide:
- Set up the map using the zoom slider so that you can see the entire glide route you’re seeking to indicate
- Click on “add/edit glide” in the lower right
- Choose whether or not you’d like to associate your glide with a group or not
- Add title and description information to the new window on the left that just popped up
- Click on the map to draw the glide route. Note that the distance is totaled in the left-hand window as you go along.
- Click save
Here is what the end result might look like:
Adding places and groups is very similar, so head on in and populate the map with cool info.